Monday, October 14, 2013

"The Goddess Test" Book Review

                                                  “The Goddess Test”

By: Aimee Carter
Book Review
Reviewed by: Caroline

Title:  “The Goddess Test”

Author: Aimee Carter  (If you ever get the chance- Google her. SHE’S GORGEOUS.)

What it’s about: (This comes from Good reads.)
           
Every girl who had taken the test has died.
Now it's Kate's turn.
It's always been just Kate and her mom - and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear that her mother won't live past the fall.
Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld - and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.
Kate is sure he's crazy - until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride and a goddess.
If she fails...


Overall Rating:  7/7- THIS BOOK WAS WRITTEN AND KISSED BY THE ANGELS AND HANDCRAFTER BY THE TEARS OF JESUS.

What we thought about it:
  OH MY GOD THIS IS SUCH A GOOD BOOK.
  Okay, so a friend recommended this book to me a couple months ago,  and I wasn’t sure if I wanted to read it- because I have never really read any Greek Mythology books and wasn’t sure if I would like it. (I LOVE GREEK MYTHOLOGY NOW.)
   The characters are gods and what not, but they have American versions of them- like Henry is Hades, Hera is Calliope- you get the idea. I really liked it, because it made the entire thing more modern. The book doesn’t drag on and Carter gets right to the plot. Kate is the main character, and she’s perfect. (Probably one of my favs.) She is real and isn’t like a fake or anything, who has actual life problems. She’s gorgeous (Of course.) Henry, the guy who challenges her just makes me want to scream-

  "OH MY GOD MARRY ME, HADES." 



He is so perfect I can’t go into detail because then I’d just scream. The plot was amazing, and genius. Carter is a brilliant woman. The romance between Henry and Kate doesn’t really occur until the later half of the book- but that’s only because one of them is stubborn and it’s the typical way a writer will keep you reading.
   There really wasn’t anything I didn’t like. I loved all the characters, and like I said earlier, the plot was amazing and made me keep reading- even though I had a lot of homework and work to do.




Other Quick Things:    
 
 There are three books. They have little side POV books that aren’t that great or important, but if you want to, you can read them- but I’m not listing them here.
  -The Goddess Test
  -Goddess Interrupted
  - The Goddess Inheritance

They all are amazing, and I read the entire series in like three days.


Xxx,

Caroline


If you liked this book, then you’ll like these down below:



“The Percy Jackson Series”- Rick Riordan


 












“Of Poseidon”- Anna Banks
  


No comments:

Post a Comment