Sunday, October 13, 2013

"Slated" Book Review


“Slated


By Terri Terry (Haha)
Book Review
Reviewed by: Caroline

Title:  “Slated”

Author: Terri Terry

What it’s about: (This comes from Good reads.)
           
  Kyla’s memory has been erased,
her personality wiped blank,
her memories lost for ever.

She’s been Slated.

The government claims she was a terrorist and that they are giving her a second chance - as long as she plays by their rules. But echoes of the past whisper in Kyla’s mind. Someone is lying to her, and nothing is as it seems. Who can she trust in her search for the truth?

Our Overall Rating:  3/7- It was okay I guess. I would recommend it if I had to?

What we thought about it:

   I’m not quite sure what I thought about this book. The plot was GREAT and the idea was really good, but the romance (between Ben and Kyla) and the action (Mostly coming from Kyla) wasn’t that great. The relationship between Ben and Kyla was stereotypically- the whole, “I’ll always love you.” Cue the awkward hand holding- you get the idea. And the action/stereotypical dystopian teenage girl was obnoxious. Unless you are the classic girls like Katniss, Tris, Clary or a few others, then I won’t be over the moon about you.
    I didn’t understand the whole sibling thing going on here, either. She and her sister Amy were odd- I don’t even know. Her “dad” was never even in the picture- I forgot she even had one at some point. Her Mom was annoying as all get out. She’s that stereotypical, “CLEAN THE DISHES OR ELSE I’LL MAKE YOU BREAK UP WITH YOUR PLAYGROUND BOYFRIEND THAT YOU ALWAYS RUN WITH AND YOU GUYS ARE SO CHEESY.” 
Like shut up- no you won’t.
    But something that drove me crazy was how EVERYBODY SMILES ALL THE TIME.
  Terry does have a few good points- her writing skills were fairly well. Oh- and I liked that it was in set Europe! Most take place in the states, so this was good for a change.

I can’t say much more, because then I’d just spoil the whole thing.

Other Quick Things:   There are more books- I think they have three.
           



Peace out girl scout!

Xxx

Caroline


If you liked this book, then you’ll like these down below:



             

















“Divergent”

Veronica Roth

No comments:

Post a Comment